Use as much of O(1) data structures where possible. Now approach performance tuning in the order how it is listed
- Don't do it
- Do it, but don't do it again
- Do it cheaper
- Do it less
- Do it later
- Do it when they're not looking
- Do it concurrently
Instead of waiting for the browser to discover these resources itself, we can provide a hint to the browser that it should start working on fetching those resources immediately.
- Don't use Abstraction unless you see it repeat itself 3 times.
- Beware DRY, it is the evil siren that tricks you into the abstraction
- Try to avoid big frameworks.
we are missing the point of travelling light
- Detail of the underlying complexity cannot be ignored